We are excited to be returning to our sanctuary for worship!
Following are our current covid protocols for indoor worship prepared by the Re-Entry Team which have been updated in light of new guidance recently issued by the CDC, Gov. Hogan, and our Conference:
- Face masks/coverings are
- Attendees should remain 6 feet apart (social distance). Pews have been marked off to allow appropriate social distance between attendees (with couples and families sitting together).
- A greeter will ensure we have attendees’ information for contact tracing.
- Attendees should use hand sanitizer when arriving and leaving the building.
- Please do not come to services if you are sick or have been exposed to COVID-19.
- Attendees will enter through the ramp door and exit through the front doors (unless ramp use is required)
- There will be arrows on walls in the hallway to ensure traffic flows in one direction.
Holy Communion will be observed on the first Sunday of the month. We ask that you continue to bring your own bread and juice, however, those who are comfortable may remove their masks briefly to partake of communion during worship.
We have made the decision to continue to social distance, mask indoors, and maintain other protocol to stay within appropriate guidelines for our Pre-K and because our first responsibility is to care for those who are the most vulnerable and at the greatest risk including children less than 12, those who are chronically ill and elderly, and those who cannot receive the vaccine for health reasons. We will re-evaluate when new information is available and as Ann Arundel County metrics for covid cases decreases.
We want everyone to be able to participate in worship in a way that is comfortable and meaningful. So, we completely understand if you choose to continue to worship online. The most important things will remain – we are gathering as the body of Christ to worship and praise God!